Chute packing

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chute packing
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 07:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
On a 200mph, 3800 lb Camaro/Firebird, how long and what kind/size of line do
you use for a chute tow line?  Where and how does it get packed?  I've read the
Deist chute packing instructions  through several times, but it does not cover
where or how to pack the main tow line.  Does it get accordian folded in the
pack first, beneath the suspension lines and canopy, or is it somehow held in
place outside of the pack with rubber bands or something, before where it
attaches to the vehicle?

I wasn't anticipating needing or using a chute for quite some time, but with
the salt out of use this year, I'll be doing two meets at the Texas Mile, and
the shut-down there is a little on the short side.  I'd prefer not to end up in
the mesquite and cactus field!

Dick J

Yahoo! for Good