Re: Smokey Yunick #1

To: J D Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Smokey Yunick #1
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:21:49 -0700
J D,

Smokey is certainly among my "most admired" list. A few years ago, at a
trade show in Sacramento, I met Smokey and talked with him for about an
hour. Probably the most interesting hour I have spent. A great guy who
lived on the edge of the rules when innovation was still a virtue.

My son raced the local Nascar track a few years ago and what was
difficult for us to handle was the attitude, which was openly promoted,
"Its your job to cheat and our job to catch you." I think that was the
general attitude for many years in circle track crowd.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC