Re: Wheel Balancing

To: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel Balancing
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:10:58 -0400
On Tuesday, September 7, 2004, at 07:37 PM, Jim Belford wrote:

> Quick question on wheel balancing:
>
> I had new tires put on my motorcycle and they balanced the tires by
> placing
> stick on weights on the center of the rims rather than the kind that
> clip
> on. Could someone please tell me if these are acceptable at Bonneville?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

Stick-on weights on both front and rear tires on my bike -- never even
once has an inspector mentioned them to me, so I have to assume that
all's okay.  I did put some new tape over 'em this year, though...the
old tape was getting a tad frayed.

Report on the Bub's event coming from me in a little while -- gotta go
through a week's mail stack first.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan