RE: Wheel Balancing

To: "'joe Amo'" <jkamo@rushmore.com>
Subject: RE: Wheel Balancing
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:29:31 -0600
Joe,

This may sound dumb, but I don't know what a true Lambda is.

I have spent several thousand dollars and my weekends getting this
mechanically sound so I want to have it tuned as close as feasible.

I do have Yoshimura's map for my configuration with 92 octane fuel.
I know each bike is different so that may not be optimum for mine. I
searched on Dyno.com and found 2 dynos in the Salt Lake City area. One place
indicated they did not have someone too operate it and the other, Salt Lake
Motorsports, (A Ducati Dealer) was almost impossible to work with.

You are right. Tuning on the big white dyno is what really matters. I would
like to keep that to a minimum. If I cannot get 92 octane gas on the flats I
will play with the fuel (maybe decrease some at top end) and see what affect
it has. Last year I used 110 octane and the engine sputtered at about 175
mph. I drained it and replaced with 92 octane and that's when I ran the 184.
I have the Veypor data acquisition system installed but data analysis is
limited until they release the software to analyze free form data next
month.

I really appreciate your help and advice. You have been doing this a lot
longer than me and at 240+, much faster.

Thanks.

Jim