Re: Strange looking brake rotors - help. (NON LSR)

To: b.a.savage@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange looking brake rotors - help. (NON LSR)
From: docb8532@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 05:44:01 EDT
b.a.savage@earthlink.net writes:

> I've used a random orbital sander on rotors with 400 paper, I this what
> you mean?

your aproch will work but we usa a high sped air drill with metal buffing pad
....directional finish....it leaves a little bit smoother surface. after this
they must be washed in hot soapy water. be sure to use a high temp lube on
the slide pins .......and  de squeak on the piston side of the pads. both are
available at auto zone, napa or other stores. always torque wheel nuts to mfg
specs
good luck
doc