RE: Strange looking brake rotors - help. (NON LSR)

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Strange looking brake rotors - help. (NON LSR)
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:44:22 -0700
Glenn, David, Ron, Jonathan, Doc and Neil,

Thanks for the information. I thought that's what it might be because I
did that
to a rotor with a greasy finger many years ago. But it was obvious it was a
finger print.
When I saw the rotors during a routine 30,000 mile service, I ordered new
rotors and pads (Raybestos). The Raybestos rotors appear to come from
the same mold as the OEM rotors.
Soooo ... was the OEM rotor susceptible to this problem because it was cast
out of a sub-optimal alloy (old iron Woks from Japan?) or ?????????
(I know that the racing setup is two piece, hat & rotor, for a number
reasons.)
I don't have enough miles (800) on the new parts to determine anything yet.
With all the front wheel drive stuff there is very little room for air,
much less
a hose larger than about, maybe, one inch.

Two questions:
1) Would grooving the rotors help?
2) Would larger calipers & pads help?

Establishing V max = 35MPH is NOT an option Keith!

Thanks again for your help,
Bryan