Re: Octane

To: John Burk <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Octane
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:31:28 -0700
John,

I had a similar experience several years ago while attending a Seminar
by Champion Spark Plug. They had an engine on the dyno equipped with
spark plugs which indicated cylinder temperature. A little advance from
the original setting gained a little hp, a couple of more degrees
advance gained a little more hp and a climb in cylinder temp. A couple
more degrees gained no hp and the temp went even higher. The next couple
of degrees dropped power and the temp went through the ceiling. I have
always remembered that session.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC