Re: Limitations

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Limitations
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:21:15 -0800
Gentlemen
Without going into a lot of detail, I as a SCTA / BNI board member do as I
am asked. Believe me the accidents are all inspected in detail and recorded.
Anything that is discovered as the cause is investigated and if found to be
a safety issue that can effect other vehicles it is taken to the accident
committee anf if required a rule will be implimented to try to correct it
from happening again. Last season we had an accident at El Mirage and new
rulings were added to the rules. This one required adding full window / door
nets and no non racing seats in the stock type vehicles.

As far as #77 it was a 40 year old slingshot design vehicle. Compared to the
modern day lakester that allow the use of wings for down force the vehicle
did not use a wing. Wings are not a rule book requirement in the lakester
class. The vehicle was upgraded a few years ago to meet all of the required
roll cage and driver safety equipment. It was just that the vehicle was
beyond the design of the vehicles of today as far as aerodynamic down force
devices.
These are Seth,s words. This I believe falls into the lessons learned and
corrections, changes are being discussed by the rules and safety personnel.
Glen