Maxton finale....

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton finale....
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:36:41 -0600
Guess y'all heard how it turned out... what you missed was the drama....

I made a check out pass on the new suspension.... 202mph

Tonya made her 3rd pass in the car at 184.... and then decided she liked it...
and went 199.2 mph.... thought that was pretty cool but not two bills.... so
she went back and ran... 199.5mph.... then she made a half pass without the
steering wheel at around mid track....  (and She installed it... I still
should have checked it)...any way..... she was shaking like a leaf.... and I
asked her to make another run.... didn't care what the speed was.... just to
shake that off.... and she ran 200.987 mph to set the record in D Fuel
Modified sports....
( Yes Tonya.... I'VE SEEN THE NEW HAT ALREADY.... LOL )( She's on her way back
to Virginia for a couple of days... when she gets home I'll have her get on
and give y'all her opinions )

We had an issue with that thou... her sister brought her to Maxton and Tonya
wanted to share ... Since Regan is one hell of a driver I gave her the keys
for a couple of attempts.... but we could never get the car to go into
first... thought it was her at first.... turned out to be lucky for me ....
Something is wrong with first gear.... simply doesn't go in... doesn't
grind... just won't go in... gives me something to fix before I go to El
Mirage... and at least I know it's got a problem rather then learning out
there...

And yes we won the points race as well..... by a whole 6 pts or 3 mph...  Say
what you will bout John's points system... but you have to admit that it gave
the ECTA a great race all year....

Keith