Congratulations Rick and Jack.

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Congratulations Rick and Jack.
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:28:22 -0700
Congratulations Gentlemen!

Jack Costella did an excellent job of designing and building the car.
When he  designed
and started building the car the record for I/S was  about 200 mph. A
target speed of
over 250 was considered optimistic by most and I think Jack was looking
at something
in the 250-275 range. That considered, taking the car to 320 mph on an
average Bonneville
course and still have it going straight as an arrow (Rick's words) is
very impressive to me.

Rick Yacoucci took the above car and modified it for the Suzuki without
compromising
the strength of the frame, possibly enhancing it, and makes 4, that's
f-o-u-r, passes in a
row  over 300 mph.  This is with a motor that he said was highly
compromised by the
changes needed to get it under 1,000 cc. I wish I had been able to build
such a highly
compromised motor for our car back in 1987.

Rick and his crew, running Jacks car,  have set a lofty example of how
to do Bonneville.

As I said,  Congratulations!!

Bryan   (our old I/BGS record lasted 13 years. I suspect Rick's will
last longer than that)