RE: Thrust

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Thrust
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:13:42 -0500
Russ;

A degree of relative difficulty depends on ones point of view. Let me
illustrate-- years ago, I took an Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics course
here in Tucson at Pima Community College. It was a very good course and
since most of the students were Air Force people, it was held in a classroom
at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. Everyone was enthusiastic and progressing
well until the "Reciprocating Engines" part of the course. The USAF jet
mechanics were amazed at their complexity and had to learn all the stuff
that we Hot Rodders learned years ago. Ignition and valve timing seemed to
be the most difficult concepts for them. "Jet Engines", on the other hand,
were a breeze for everybody-- they are actually relatively simple.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ