RE: CI

To: "'Dave Dahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: CI
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:50:30 -0500
Dave;

My dad brought a new Mercedes 180D back from Germany in 1957 (instead of a
gull-wing 300SL, alas) and it used glow plugs for starting. If the engine
was cold, a few seconds of glow plug operation were necessary to get it
started. Friends who were stationed in Alaska said that on cold mornings the
only cars in the parking lot that would start were the 180Ds.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ