Re: CI

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: CI
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:23:00 -0400
It runs off 12 volts usually and it is a resistance heater that makes a hot spot
in the chamber so a cold diesel will start. It is not timed to anything and does
not fire either. Generally used on cold days or with lower compression diesels..
On old trucks i have driven you had to turn them on and wait some number of
minutes before cranking the engine on a cold moring. Once the engine starts to
warm up they are generally not needed. On a new truck they are probably all
automatic and just run when needed and you never know the difference unless the
truck won't start..
Dave