RE: The Rest of us

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The Rest of us
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:21:41 -0500
Keith:
well, since you asked...

What I SHOULD be doing is billable work, so I can accumulate a little cash
to move to a new place.

But I can't get my mind off lsr.

I keep putting down my "real" work to go run calculations or do book
research on a new idea I got, based on what I learned from my SpeedWeek
runs.  I smell a "breakthrough"!

And the ebay parts market has been pretty exciting, too.  I just bought...

-- a new windscreen ($15.50)-- mine has a little scratch
-- another plenum/ airbox ($9.50)-- so I can modify it to fit my shortened
throttle bodies, etc.
-- another engine ($420.99, including radiator & hoses)-- which I truly
don't need, but who can resist a 2003-model-- w/ only 2400 miles-- and
almost 3/hp per cubic inch--for that price??  ...I know-- this one can
become my "fuelie"; no, no- or my TURBO!!!

At least I have enough engines now that I won't be forced to work on my
trailer while I wait for parts or machine work.

The bike is almost back together from post-record inspection (had to pull
the cams out & everything, in all that blowing salt on Friday).  I should
know before the end of the week whether it's gonna run again w/o a complete
rebuild.

Well, guess I really should get back to work.
Russ, #1226B