Re: ????

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: ????
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:11:33 -0800
Mayf,
The C-4 you want to start with is called a C-5. It's based on the C-4
(many parts are interchangeable)
but was upgraded in 1982 for use in V-8 powered full sized cars. If you
can remove the bell housing,
it's a C-5. They are solid transmissions and the majority in junk yards
are rebuildable cores.
The AOD isn't nearly as solid as the C-5 , the direct drive shaft is
frequently the fuse in an AOD.
I don't know much about the EOD except that is is not an AOD with added
electronics. Different bird.

I don't know if Ford made a C-6 that would bolt up to a small block.
Ditto GM. I know MOPAR
made a 727 that would bolt to an LA block, I had one in a '65 A-100 PU.

Jack has a C-5 in his car and can probably help you. He gets his
converters from Emerald and from what
I've seen, do good work.

Bryan
PS: mayf don't let Glenn call you shiftless.