Re: Tear drop

To: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>,
Subject: Re: Tear drop
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:42:23 -0800
What about the idea that a 6 degree curve creates the least problems with
air separation?  If that holds true, the length of the tail from the widest
part on the body needs to follow a 6 degree (or lower) taper to the back of
the body on as many surfaces as possible.  With that in mind you could go
back to some of the liners that have run on the salt and figure which one
were the slickest.  That also sets a standard for future designs.  I wonder
how much taper there is on Marlo's new liner?  How about the Burklands?

Wes