Re: Brakes

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 08:05:05 -0800 (PST)
Drmayf
Interesting that you should bring this up. The ones that are giving trouble are
oem front discs on a 94 chevy truck (full size). The reason I am researching
this right now is we are starting a second truck project (99 S10). I plan to
have disk brakes both front and rear and I want to address this BEFORE it is a
problem. I have been told that calipers with pistons on both sides have a
tendicy to "back off" easier than the oem type. I am currently talking to a guy
tha wants to sell me a sack full of JFZ front and rear 4 piston calipers, pads
and misc parts. I did a little research and I believe the JFZs pads are
interchangable with the Wilwoods and the calipers will fit on the same mounting
bracket as several popular after market brands. They use the same pin
arrangement to retain the pads. I hadn't thought of the spring idea.

                    Glenn
 DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com> wrote: Glenn, what brand of brakes are you using?
Mine are Wilwood and they have a pin that keeps the pads from coming out. I
just put a compressed spring on that pin...it separates the pads. No place for
you to do something like this?mayf