RE: Nov El Mirage meet

To: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>, "landracing"
Subject: RE: Nov El Mirage meet
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:57:16 -0600
Dan:
great report.  Must have been an incredible meet.  Someday, I gotta go.

To me, most impressive of all was the 179mph on an unblown, gasoline-powered
100cc "sit-on" bike.  My helmet is off to MR. McVicar-- you da man ...on a
baby bike!!  Somebody needs to buy you a BIG engine to play with!

And congrats to the Yacoucci/ Costella partnership on the car championship.
Great racers, both-- and two of the most colorful guys on the salt.

(Even if Lindsley had to "pedal" the lakester)-- for Noonan's uber-'Busa to
get 232 on dirt suggests that the traction must have been better than usual.
Hard to imagine getting that much thrust out of one tire, on dirt.  Makes my
brain hurt.
Russ