Conditions at the Salt?

To: "LSR list \(E-mail\)" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Conditions at the Salt?
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:31:40 -0400
After the excellent 3,900 mile ride that Nancy and I took earlier this
month -- the ride where we spun one-two-three-four (out of four) bearings in
the race bike the day before we left for WoS, but that's okay 'cause we
couldn't get the Charlie Toy body to fit up anyway --

You know, the ride where the trip odometer showed 2014.1 miles when we saw
not only the couple of inches of water on the Salt, but the not-so-happy
faces of Ellen and Gary and all, but worst of all, Dave Newby, who seemed
more disappointed than anyone about the cancellation -- he wouldn't get to
see ALL of the racers from his station at Land's End --

After that fine offering of road food (often good, but all-too-often in a
restaurant where the staff insists on calling us "guys".  My wife is quite
obviously not a guy, you young whippersnapper!  Call us folks, or people,
but not guys ---- Ooops, sorry, I rant and rave again)

and motels ("American Owned" sure as hell does not guarantee "staffed by
adults whose native language is American English").

I could go on.  Anyway, after all that, I guess maybe it's worth asking if
anyone's looked at the Salt recently.  We're planning on World Finals, but
since we leave here in only ten days --

Somebody got a report?  Thanks.  Oh, yes -- I did look at the weather
information through Jonathon's and USFRA's sites.

            Jon E. Wennerberg
    Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
           #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
2001: 200.471 mph - 2002 GOAL: 220.554++mph
        Marquette, Michigan 49855
          (That's Way Up North)