Re: Fw: Motorcycle streamliners handling woes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Motorcycle streamliners handling woes
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:53:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hi folks, just back from a pleasant ride down through the Dismal Swamp
on the 250 Ninja, where I pondered the above subject more.  I see I made
a mistake in my last missive about this, when I said the mc streamliner
would happily run down the Flats with a 10 degree lean.   Better jump on
that before someone else does.

In fact, no, the liner won't do any such thing.  The rider must find
means to get it straightened up, and keep it close to zero lean, if not,
gravity will make it lean more and more, then fall down.

This shows the difficulty of one mind operating in isolation, and how
easily an error can occur.  Hence the benefit of two minds working
together:  Wright Bros, McMeekin Bros, Smith Bros (cough drops and
pushrods,) etc. etc.  And also why most speed-trials programs involve a
team, not just one mastermind.  Ardun Bill