Fw: Blue Tennis Balls

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Blue Tennis Balls
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:49:04 -0500
Side profile analysis worked for me.  I used a photo of my street roadster,
transposed the image on to graph paper, counted squares for various sections
of the car, turned moments on each section and determined that the CP was in
front of the CG, but I thought I needed the weight in the rear to prevent
wheelspin and I thought the rear fenders gave me some additional CP to
overcome the CP/CG relationship.  Not so, Charley Brown, I was blown all
over the course on the first pass by side winds moving the front of the car
over.  Since the salt was so hard I didn't need the 100 pounds in the back
bumper so we took it out and the car handled beautifully at 170 with the
resultant CP only about an inch behind the CG.
Dave the Hayseed