Re: 08/16

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: 08/16
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:55:03 -0700
Welcome back Dave.

You made a point, a long time ago, about using "good" electronics.
The fact is that there are "Yugo" level components out there so it's
buyer beware. Electronics with a good track record are expensive,
just like good rods.

I'm sure that engines produced in 1935 will run just fine on a mag.
I knew a sprint car engine builder who used them for the same reason
he wouldn't allow anything to be removed from the engine except
air cleaners, spark plugs, oil filter and drain plug.
Anything else and he wouldn't "freshen" the engine, only do a total
rebuild.

Again, glad to hear from you,
Bryan Savage