RE: Maxton

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Subject: RE: Maxton
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:26:14 -0700
Dale;

You are correct that "progressive" Arizona is the ONLY state
in the Union ( is Kalifornia still in the Union or have they
beamed up?) that requires an emmission test for all
street-licsensed motorcycles/motorbikes/ATV's. Pretty silly
since they only have to pass the idle test, and I always pack
a screwdriver when I make the trip to the testing station,
then put the Harley "back right" after passing the test. (a
properly idleing Big-Twin will not pass- you have to kick the
idle up over 1000 rpm) Anyway House Bill HB-2501 would exempt
motorcycles from State Emissions Inspection Program. Dean
Cooley ( R-Mesa) introduce the bill so CAL or E-MAIL your reps
& explain WHY this should be passed - QUICK! before we loose
our chance
ed