Re: Street Roadster record

To: dseely@sginet.com (Dave Seely), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Roadster record
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:16:56 -0500 (EST)
Yes Dave, I also have an electric priming pump set up with a check valve
on the feed line from Hilborn pump to the metering valve, both to fill
the dry system and to prime the system sitting in the cockpit so it will
start easily.  For cold starts I open the throttle plates and flip the
electric pump switch until I see fuel run from the nozzles for just a
couple seconds, cut off the electric pump,  close the throttle, crank
it, flip the mag switch and boom it starts.  It always wants a prime
later when I start the car to make a run down the Maxton course, but if
I judge the amount to run the electric pump to prime it right(holding
the throttle open), it will start instantly every time.  Since the
Hilborn mechanical injection has no provision for engine temperature, I
find the electric priming pump and checkvalve a big help in starting.
Cheers Bill