Re: Street Roadster record

To: r.hammond@sympatico.ca (Rick Hammond), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Roadster record
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:00:25 -0500 (EST)
Rick, I plumbed a quality drain valve into my injection pump feed line
just for convenience in draining the tank.  The feed line exits the
bottom of my two-gallon homemade steel tank that fits rubber mounted
inside the bottom of the '32 Ford grill shell, via a Hilborn filter.

The drain valve I use was designed long ago to drain the coolant from
the water jackets on the early Flathead block.  Big volume, and all
metal working parts, brass and steel.  No name on it, but there's
probably plenty of them out there.  I use the same kind of drain valve
in my cooling system to quickly drain the coolant with a hose.  They use
a 5/8" I.D. hose, clear PVC from the hardware store is good so you can
see what you're doing.  Cheers Bill