Re: Inspection changed from spec gas

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Inspection changed from spec gas
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:58:53 -0800
Russ; It is my unfounded opinion that the venue also plays an important part
in what is acceptable and what is cheating. NASCAR is entertainment, CART is
racing, Bonneville is a hobby to most. The streamliner classes are bound to
be more innovative than the roadster classes. Non of this would allow the
using of fuel in a gas class or an oversize motor. Since to a large part we
are self policed and depend on the contestants integrity in classifying his
car, any "Smokey" type of "innovation" is very poor form. I think.   Rich
Fox