Re: Arm Restraints

To: JERRY FOSTER <fosterap@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Arm Restraints
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:09:42 -0700
Jerry,
I assume you are using the type that "cinch" to your bicep
area....... My own opinion here is get rid of 'em. If you
already have a firesuit, have the D-rings sewn in. If you
don't, order one with the restraints sewn to the cuff. In real
life you will find each arm will prolly be adjusted to a
different length. For example my left arm restraint (the one
most likely to get crushed in a roll-over)is just a matter of
inches long, as all it has to to is grip the wheel, while my
right arm, which must shift gears, is adjusted this way: Belt
in the car, put the tranny in third gear (my longest reach) &
then adjust the strap to that length. Naturally EVERY car on
this list has a different requirement, but the important thing
is,  don't let them be loose enough to allow your arms to
flail about in a roll-over. All of this is my own
opinion-there are people on this list that can comment with
first-hand experience.
ed (just lookin' out for you...gotta make sure you can still
push my car up to the line ;-)   )