Re: Tech Questions

To: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Tech Questions
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:33:52 -0700
RT, this isnt the answer you requested but....
 is their a particular reason you are going to
pursue shaving tires, when a ZR rated tire
has been shown to work great in the 225mph
range,  perhaps you are shooting beyond this speed??
We use OEM ZR rated tire on our 222+ mph
runs,  original stock tire,  22,000 miles + on it,

and one of the fastest ever on two wheels  who
has run shaved and ZR wants me to find him another
ZR like mine,  after his 20 years plus of running for speed
and inspecting tires,  he is convinced that the ZR rated tires
are the way to go.

In addition one of our motorcycle vets spoke with with
an engineer at one of the top bike tire makers about what
they would recommend for sustained land speed running
and they offered that the best tire for our uses
is a bone stock OEM zr tire like is on the Hayabusa,  as it
would have better integrity for our purposes than the tire they
spec for 500 GP roadracing

Joe :)