Re: heater core

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater core
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:32:11 -0800
Haven't had a lick a trouble with the Dexcool in the Blazer until just this
year. This after two trips to Black Rock Desert (more dust problems than
anything) five trips to Bonneville and a 7,500 mile cross-country trip
hauling a beast of a trailer one way, the hard way (I80 in July) and the
truck now has 90,000 clicks.

I started hearing "gurgling" noises inside the cab, behind the center of the
IP and it drove me nuts trying to figure out what it was.
My radiator pal who services my ride (and all the local city government
stuff) said the additives break down and attack the solder, welds, anything
at attachment points.

However, it has been his experience the problem stems from and under filling
of the system.  He thinks the fill-line marks on the catch tank are wrong
because he has been over filling each city vehicle and the problems have
stopped.

He believes that because the system was too low, the pressures were off and
caused a variety of other problems as a result -- the corrosion as well.  My
rad cap was a ugly mess and when he changed the fluid, over-filled and
changed the cap there has been no further gurgling or other problems.

Further, if you want to change he said the flushing had better be a
complete, thorough surgical procedure or you will more headaches and expense
than you thought possible.

Be Vigilant,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions