Re: heater core

To: RACE427@aol.com
Subject: Re: heater core
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:10:55 -0800
        List, My friend change the heater core today at the rad shop. He said
it was leaking from the weld where the header connects to the tubes on
the inlet side. I never saw the part as the guy warranty it and had to
return the part. I built a brace to support the hose on the fender to
take any chance of vibration cracking the new one.
        As for the dex-cool. I would NOT use that junk in any motor! I tell my
customers not to use it. I've seen it eat the intake gaskets on the new
motors and etch the manifold and fittings. I run ethylene glycol and
water in all my motors. Now I have a well here and the water is very
very pure and have never had a problem