Fw: Don Garlits Museum

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Don Garlits Museum
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:42:08 -0600
That's right, Bill. Big Daddy and Donny Kehr drove it in 1988 with my
unblown flathead, blown flathead, and blown ARDUN.  The blown flathead got
each of them into the 200 mileanhour club.
Donny drove it in 1989 and son Tim drove it in 1990 and set the ARDUN
records.  I crashed the car in 1991.  E J Kawalski rebuilt it and drove it
in 1997 and it went back to Garlits the next year.
We designed the car the same way Jack did his: the body is no bigger than
the engine.  In this case a top-mounted 671 on an ARDUN is huge so the car
is bigger than it needs to be with any other engine.  It was a very fun
experience.
Dave the Hayseed