Don Garlits Museum

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Don Garlits Museum
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:01:53 EST
We just got home from vacation and had about 500 emails to wade thru, some
good
discussion while I was gone. While we was in FL. we went to the Don Garlits
museum. If you are ever in the area it is a great place for any gearhead to
stop and look around. He has about all of his Swamp Rat dragsters on display
along with a lot of other peoples cars. Then he has a building with stock
cars, most of them in the thirties and forties. He had a picture of his
Bonneville car beside the framed time slip. I talked to a boy that worked
there and he said he still had it in another building. While we were there he
steeped out of his office and we talked for a minute he hoped we enjoyed the
museum. He said he had just got back from the show in Ind. No suit and tie
for this man just shorts and a ball cap. Just got my Hot Rod mag and they had
a poll run by Nitronic Research(nitronic.com) which selected Garlits as the
number 1 NHRA drag race driver. I think this was probably a good choice.
Take Care
Larry Mac