Re: Yates heads

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Yates heads
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 02:12:18 -0700
Howdy Bryan,
This design advantage seems obvious when it's first explained. The dish in
the piston is somewhat like a butterfly or an apple. The plug fires about
where the stem of the apple would be. I'll take some pix tomorrow and post
them ASAP.
On a side note, I find it interesting that I have some turbo pistons and
heads from the McLaren Indy team that are about 15 years old. Funny thing,
those Indy guys did the same head and piston design back then. I wonder why
it took NASCAR so long to realize the advantages? I'll send some of those
pix also.
Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"