Re: varity of classes

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: Re: varity of classes
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 06:06:51 -0700 (PDT)
It seems to me that if I pull the old Kaiser
coupe with the two diesel converted Allison
aircraft engines in the rear  running
transversely with chain drive out of the back
shed and show up at Bonneville with it, I may
find it difficult to put it in a class.  If I
pass safety and run it for T/O, and it does
really good, and next year seven of these things
show up, I'll bet there's a good chance that a
class will be established before too long.

Using that approach, Grib, don't you know some
other guys who have NASCAR cars who would show up
and run T/O first, and demonstrate that there
really is an interest in such a class?  It seems
that it would be a lot easier to lobby for a
class on the basis of "We are all here racing and
we need a class.", rather than, "If you make a
class, they will come."

I stood around and admired your car for a long
time when it was being inspected at Maxton, and I
would like to see more of them running.  I always
liked speedway racing to some extent (especially
back in the King Richard Petty days) but then
when they expanded the races to include some
where the cars ran on road courses too, I enjoyed
them even more.  If there were a bunch of them
running LSR as well, I know they would be very
popular.  After all, they would be demonstrating
that they can race and perform well on virtually
any kind of track, in any kind of race.

Just my thoughts.

Dick J
http://personals.yahoo.com