Re: varity of classes

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: varity of classes
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:17:42 -0700
The first wheel driven Turbine I remember was Ermie Immerso who had 2
Lycoming turbines in the Thunderbird streamliner. Prier to that he had 4 FE
Fords in it. He set a record in 78 @ 264.903. Vesco's at that time were
running Motorcycles and held the Land Speed for Motorcycles at 318.598. They
were also holders of a number of smaller 4 wheel streamliner records In '78I
also set a record with my '32 5 window with a 270 GMC that I built after a
lot of reading the rule book. I was strapped in at the front of the line
next to Ermie's car when they started it to warm it up for record run. The
exhaust came out the side and I got pretty asphyxiated before someone took
pity on me and pushed me back. I have no Idea of what the process was for
adopting a "Other than Otto Cycle" class. I just know give them plenty of
room when they are running the motor.   Rich Fox