Re: Decision Dilemma

To: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>,
Subject: Re: Decision Dilemma
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:45:08 -0700
Chris,
If we look at NASCAR engine builders, the trend for "Speedway" type engines
is big bore and short stroke. This is true not only for the rotating
assembly but also for the valve train. Yates now uses 2.0 and 2.1 rocker arm
ratios to reduce reciprocating movement. Obviously the other major engine
theme is moving combustion air in and out of the chambers, hence the newer
SB2 Chevy head that is similar to the Yates Ford head.

I have several 2:91 ring and pinions. $115 each and in really great shape.
If you need a complete third member call me and I'll build you one. I ran a
2.91 this year at Maxton and may again next week. (i ran a 2.75 at B'Ville)
Grib