Re: got back and finally up and running

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: got back and finally up and running
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:53:21 -0500
Interesting Deal Tom..... I am not sure this really was a Nitrous issue....
it sure wasn't a theory issue.... it was a handling issue.... the car was
like driving drunk the first couple of passes....( don't ask how I know
what thats like )

After that we really didn't have a good pass on the Bottle to give us the
opportunity to check out that system....  the car was simply UGLY to
drive....

Now that having been said it's time to find out WHY it wasn't doing what it
has done well in the past..... what's NOT square that Was before....

as for the Motor's we may have found a couple of interesting problems up
front.... we'll know more as we get past this weekend and I start to tear
them down....

----------
> From: Thomas E. Bryant <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
> To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
> Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: got back and finally up and running
> Date: Thursday, August 23, 2001 8:41 AM
>
> Dave,
> Sorry you have to face the lightening damage. I don't know how you
> protect against that kind of voltage. Battery packs might be the answer.
> I had a  a voltage surge caused by tree trimmers next door which took
> out one TV and the microwave oven, but the other TV was OK (better surge
> protector)  At work everything is on Battery Packs. Have never had a
> problem there, but no experience with lightening.
>
> The Salt is a humbling place, forty plus years for me and I learn
> something every year. Theory is one thing, but real answers come  when
> the rubber meets the salt! A couple of years ago when we were discussing
> Nitrous, I said it is risky, but when you get it right, it is a great
ride.
> Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC
>
> Dave Dahlgren wrote:
>
> > Finally got everything up and running here! had a little lightening
strike on
> > the machines at work... Took out the memory and floppy drive in one
machine the
> > hard drive in another and a display card and motherboard in another..
Now i get