Re: Trailer Tires, Radial or Bias ply?

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Trailer Tires, Radial or Bias ply?
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:28:59 -0600 (MDT)
I run 245/75R 16E new take offs I can usually find them
around for $50.00 plus mounting and ballance. They are
rated at over 3000# at 80psi. never had any problems
and the truck spare fits the trailer also. wmts

Quoting Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>:

> List; Maybe I'm dumb but on my old trailer I used to
use up lots of tires
> (losing tread mostly) using removed tires from autos.
When I finally
> sprung
> for purpose built Trailer tires my troubles went
away. At least the used
> tires were cheap.

no ill affects(so
> far).
> >Seems to tow just fine..... I used 215/65/15 tires
mostly to lower the
> >trailer a couple more inches. My trailer is ugly, so
if it looks goofy, I
> >dont care......whatever you do, buy GOOD tires. As
you know, blowouts

majordomo@autox.team.net
speed@autox.team.net