Drysump Return side filter

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drysump Return side filter
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 04:54:39 -0500
Dave and Mike Lefever had both recommended I run a Semi wide screen Filter
on the return side of the Drysump system..... This means the Oil is Filtered
a little before it goes into the tank.... and the BIG PH6 filter is on the
Pressure side just before the engine..... I was thinking all of this was
overkill..... but they assured me it was a good idea....  Okay fair
enough... I bought a Canton Meca filter from Grib for like 35 bucks and
stuck it on the fenderwell....

The reason I am bringing all of this up.... is this last weekend I got to
play with this silly filter between every run.... it has 4 allen screws on
the top.... and the oil isn't there so it's not very messy to take out....
and most importantly I can see if there is any deterioration of the bearings
as that would show up in the filter..... Perfect.... another way of checking
engine components between passes....  Neat deal....  Just thought I would
share the set up.... it's pretty slick....