Rules and Exceptions

To: tim cunha <tfc1932@hotmail.com>, speedtimer@charter.net
Subject: Rules and Exceptions
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:38:37 -0700 (PDT)
Don't feel bad.  I did the same thing a couple of
years ago with ECTA.  The way I read the rule for
vintage motors, I think that it clearly includes
some overhead v-8s in it's wording and I had the
fantasy that my early hemi could run in Vintage.
After the fuss (like the kids in the back yard)
went on long enough, John Beckett finally just
ended it by saying "NO".  In cases like this, I'm
the little kid and he's the dad, so it ended with
that message. I'm still a very happy and
contented LSR racer and John is still one of the
first persons I look to when I have a question.
It didn't hurt my feelings at all, I was just
rounding the top of the learning curve on that
issue.
 That thing about "Young men know the rules and
old men know the exceptions" is absolutely true.
But the old men have to first learn which
exceptions really are exceptions.
Dang, does this mean we are getting older????

Dick J