Shop Status

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shop Status
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:33:43 -0500
Hi,
Well the car is about together....maybe one more weekend. The front
bulkhead disconnect is stronger than the frame was previously and it takes
15 minutes to remove the entire front of the car for configuration changes.
Am finally getting into a position where we can run Lakester and Liner at
the same meet.
We are going to run lakester this year....AA/GL and FL (maybe). Bill Smith
is going to take a shot at the steering wheel.
Perennial corrosion problems are being solved by using Corrosion Block
(soon to be offered on www.pro-blend.com). This stuff appears to really
work on tubing, electrical/electronic connectors, all things that corrode.
My biggest corrosion problem has been the cockpit and all the nooks and
crannies in there. This may just end the rust!!
Waiting impatiently for the data logger so we can install and go TEST!
Really wierd to be this close to running in May!

Skip H