don't take it to serious Joe.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: don't take it to serious Joe.
From: "paulblandavon" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:15:01 -0000
Joe, it seems to me the statement I made has been taken a little out of
context, I was in no way saying that the 2strokes are better than 4strokes (or
worse) I was merely making a comment on what had been said by a couple of you
guys, What I said was two strokes can make 400 bhp per litre I didn't say they
do, of course nobody's making 400 bhp 1 litre engines for bikes or otherwise
(not even mccolloch!) IF you take the example that g.p. bikes make over 50 bhp
for a 125, 100 bhp for a 250 and at least 190 bhp for a 500, then a natural
progression is? nor did I say that turbo Kawasakis or likewise can be beaten
by 2strokes. yes I have to agree that hardly any 2stroke bikes are built now,
which means what exactly? As far as rule making/changing goes I wouldn't
presume to be in a position or have the knowledge to make suggestions or
demands in that area, my only desire is to build my car to the best of my
ability and to ship it out to bonneville, to do that would be great, to get
even close to a record would be a dream come true.
Paul Bland. just trying to get along.