Re: Outboards and pressed crankshafts

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, basavage@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Outboards and pressed crankshafts
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:08:36 EDT
The motor I looked at was in a box all disassembled. I should have looked
closer. There were split caged roller bearings in the box. I assumed those
were the rod bearings, and the crank pins were pressed in with roller
bearings installed. If so, one could press the crank apart make new flywheels
with the correct stroke and press it together again. I think you would need
some pretty good fixture to hold every thing in line, and you might tack the
crank pins in to keep everything turning at the same rate.  Rich