Corvette rollcage

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Corvette rollcage
From: "ghalvorson:First ghalvorson:Last" <ghalvorson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:28:55 -0500
Rich,
Your welcome.   I believe it was Dan Warner who responded to a question I
posted.  In essense, the issue w/ fuel tank or cell modifications is the
potential streamlining of the underside of the car.  In an essentialy stock
body class, if the underside of the car is allowed to modified it may
provide an advantage to some.  Therefore, in order to keep things in order,
the stock fuel tank must be "fitted".  As I understand the rule, that does
not prohibit a cell.   Keeping in mind it is the bottom of the tank, and to
some degree the sides, that is the issue.
DAN:  If you think differently please advise.
RICH:  To be honest, I have only been breezing through the conversations on
new classes.  Mostly because I feel there are many others out there that
have far more insight on this subject than I.  So I looked in my rulebook
(1999) and do not see a class for ALT/GT.  Is there such a thing or have I
just missed the boat on the disscussion.
Gene H