Re: Shop Safety

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shop Safety
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:42:16 -0400
Well my work environment requires safety glasses, ear plugs, and steel
toe shoes. When I first went to work there 5 years ago I hated the
thought of having to wear all this. Bad Attitude. I now feel naked if
I walk out on the shop floor without them. Something just doesn't feel
right. I couldn't count the number of times the safety glasses have
saved me from flying objects or me being stupid and bumping into
something. The steel toed shoes sure have helped especially when I
accidentally roll my tool box over my own feet. I have a nice pair
that are a leather tennis shoe type and very comfortable without being
heavy. I even use them at the house when I do mow the grass. And well
the ear plugs come in handy when the boss starts hollering.
Bill