Re: Bonneville Transmissions

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Bonneville Transmissions
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:11:52 -0500
The 9 Grand Motor is the Rodeck... this one is only good to about 8500rpm
redline... we had to replace the Titanium Valves with Stainless which is the
limiting factor...

now the question is why 7800 instead of 8500.... well as long as the Motor
made the most Hp at 79 7800 seemed like a good bet on that Pass.... we had
talked about taking it up to 82-400 on the next Pass after it blew up... our
goal was to Prove the concept that the tires wouldn't go away with HP ....