Re: 150mph club & attracting new members

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: 150mph club & attracting new members
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:17:18 -0700 (PDT)
John, both sets of rules are, idndeed, very
close. I'm right in the middle of setting up my
car to fit both organizations.  I set up the two
sets of rules on a spread sheet and did a
comparison.  Once I met the ECTA requirements,
the only additional items needed to meet USFRA
req was addition of a driveshaft loop and add arm
restraints or window net.  ECTA requires Halon,
USFRA only required Coast Guard approved.  USFRA
does not restrict to single 4bbl for 130 (as does
ECTA real street).  Other than that, they are
about the same.

Dick J

--- John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
wrote:
> Gary
>
> Depends on speed category, but basically as
> follows:
>
>   up to 125 MPH - good factory equipment.
> 125 to 150 MPH - roll bar, fire bottle, light
> fire suit, speed rated tires.
> 150 to 175 MPH - 6pt roll bar, fire system, HD
> fire suit.
> 175 to 200 MPH - roll cage, parachute, 10lb.
> fire system.
>
> Don't know that this is all that much different
> from the 130/150 MPH club.
>
> John

=====
......(In East Texas)........