Loss of Yet Another Fellow Racer

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Loss of Yet Another Fellow Racer
From: BICWIG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:33:30 EDT
List,

     Today I attended the funeral of my best friend and fellow racer.  Bill
Fowlkes was a dedicated volunteer at many events at Maxton.  He was there for
the jackhammering, concrete pouring and endless patching sessions when we
first started racing there.  He was there for the freeze meet (we camped that
weekend!) as well as the southern heat and humidity (we camped then too!).
He was the first to relieve me in the timing tower while I raced.  His
contributions and dedication, while not known to all, were a great help to
those who have raced at Maxton, as is the same for all who volunteer.  Bill
never owned or technically raced a car but he had many, many passes on the
track, including one in my car when it was stock.  Bill Fowlkes died of
pancreatic infection at the age of 36.  He leaves behind a wife, Sandy who
resides in Wisconsin.  Her e-mail address appears on the cc part of this
e-mail if anyone is interested in sending her a line.  I already miss him
greatly.
     This has given me a reason to keep my race car and to get a motor
together for the last meet of the year at Maxton.  I will be there running in
his memory.
     Please take a moment to be grateful for what you have.  This is an
example that it can all be taken away at any time.

Sincerely,

Jim Bodenheimer
BICWIG Racing  (Best I Can With What I Got)
#1220 D/GALT