Re: trans cover

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trans cover
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:04:15 EDT
In a message dated 06/28/2000 9:17:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
saltracer@netscape.net writes:

<< another modified roadster question... do we have to completely cover the
 transmission in our modified roadster, more than the SFI shield that covers
 the main body of the c4 automatic. Do we also have to cover the bellhousing
 area? Thanks for all your help and can't tell you how much we are looking
 forward to Speedweek.

 Phil (stuck in Tupelo, Ms for the week) Landry
 ps but I did get to rent a PT Cruiser

Phil,
    I just used the SFT cover on mine and nothing over the bell housing. No
one in Tech raised any objections. In my car the driver sits to the side of
the engine and drive-train rather than straddling(sp?) the tranny/driveshaft.
    If you have the room and time I would suggest floorboards and/or a
bulkhead between the driver and bellhousing/tranny aft of the motorplate for
driver comfort and a certain degree of shielding from tranny fluid in the
event of an explosion.
                                                Ardun Doug King