Re: trans cover

To: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@netscape.net>,
Subject: Re: trans cover
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:26:24 -0400
Phil

As I read the rule book you only need an SFI Shield or Blanket to be in
compliance for an automatic transmission. A secondary 1/8" shield, in the
floor pan area, could be added for your own piece of mind however. (I've
seen some trans parts come out from around the shield on a blown
application...think there were some bruised toes too). And the drag guys
have a 'small' SFI flywheel shield that they use for automatics, but its not
required for LSR.

John Beckett, LSR #79